Constructive comments – both supportive and critical – on articles on this website are welcome, including responses to others’ comments. However we would ask contributors to observe the following house rules or guidelines:
- You need not give your real name, but we require a valid email address so that we can contact you if necessary. Your email address will not be published or passed on to third parties.
- Comments should be relevant to the topic of the original article and should relate primarily to the UK.
- They should not introduce new topics unless closely related.
- One initial comment per article, but brief clarifications or responses to other comments are acceptable.
- Please avoid offensive language or abuse.
- We suggest an advisory word limit of 300 words. Anything over 500 words is likely to be edited or rejected.
- When submitting, in order to avoid spam, you may have to answer a simple arithmetic question.