- derekp on A skirmish across the Pond
- Paul R. Trusten, R.Ph., Vice President and Public Relations Director, U.S. Metric Association, Inc. on A skirmish across the Pond
- John Steele on A skirmish across the Pond
- John Steele on DfT admits: no basis for blocking metric signs
- Robert on DfT admits: no basis for blocking metric signs
Monthly Archives: December 2011
Metric Views marks the end of 2011 by drawing attention to a recent exchange of letters in the Irish Times, one looking backwards, the other with a message to take into 2012.
One of our regular readers, John Frewen-Lord, offers this contribution to the festive fare:
By an odd co-incidence both “Which?” magazine and the BBC’s flagship “Panorama” programme have recently run stories on the scams employed by the big supermarkets to prevent customers from comparing “value for money” in their weekly shopping. However, despite their … Continue reading
Problems of sovereign debt in the eurozone have seen the UK side-tracked in EU decision making, and, say some commentators, headed for the exit. Is this situation likely to impact on the UK’s stalled metric changeover?
The Department for Transport have claimed that converting road signs to show metric units would be an unjustifiable diversion of resources from other priority areas. So is there an argument that the costs should be met from some other budget? … Continue reading