- Kristina K. Rojas on Imperial units and decimals. Not a winning combination.
- Ezra Steinberg on Was the metre invented by the Ancient Egyptians 4500 years ago?
- Antonio M. Collins on Was the metre invented by the Ancient Egyptians 4500 years ago?
- derekp on Was the metre invented by the Ancient Egyptians 4500 years ago?
- Mary on The Cardinals Hat calls time
Monthly Archives: October 2008
One area where metric units have been banned in the UK is draught beer and cider. This is despite the fact that bottled or canned beer and cider is mainly available in round metric quantities. Compared with most countries the … Continue reading
UKMA has received evidence that the recent media hullabaloo about the prosecution of a market trader in Hackney was a deliberate setup, designed to reawaken interest in the flagging campaign to preserve obsolete imperial measures.
Supporters of consumer protection have been alarmed at reports suggesting that the Government is to tell local councils not to enforce aspects of weights and measures law.Â Can this really be true?