- philh on Tory spokesman supports centilitres of alcohol
- eric on Measurement muddle – a customary feature of Britain
- BrianAC on Measurement units – a daily dilemma for the media
- Leo on Minor success for UKMA – imperial-only height and width signs to be discontinued
- Michael Glass on Minor success for UKMA – imperial-only height and width signs to be discontinued
Monthly Archives: May 2008
Accurate and consistent measurement is fundamental to modern life, and in few branches of human activity is it more important than in sport – including, of course, the Olympic Games. This is the message given by Andrew Wallard, the President … Continue reading
It is often claimed that imperial is based on 12s (duodecimal) and that this has advantages over decimal. But is this truth or myth?