- John Frewen-Lord on How should I say my height?
- John Frewen-Lord on Devolve Weights and Measures – says pro-metric group
- BrianAC on How should I say my height?
- Martin Vlietstra on Traffic signs and speed limits to be devolved to Scotland
- BrianAC on Government to clarify law on metric units in advertising
Monthly Archives: March 2008
The late Arthur C Clarke who died this month (March 2008) wrote what may be regarded as his most memorable non-fiction article in 1945. He was the first person to propose the use of satellites in geostationary orbit to form … Continue reading
The Trading Standards Institute (whose members are responsible for enforcing weights and measures law) has declined to support the UK Metric Association’s campaign for a single, rational system of measurement that everybody understands and uses for all purposes. In response, … Continue reading